Snow season is here. Ela Township will be plowing for the Village again this year.
- During heavy snow fall Ela Township will pre-plow and salt for rush hour to aid residents to get to work and school. The drivers will go back out to Village streets once rush hour is over to clean up and finish the plowing and salting.
- When snow occurs on trash days, please put your trash cans in your driveway, not in the roadway. The Township Highway Department will not be responsible for damaged trash cans.
- Please refrain from parking on roadways and cul-de-sacs until plowing is complete per Village ordinance #72.02(A), no parking in Village streets in a snowfall of (23) inches or more.
- Now is the time to make sure your mailbox can withstand heavy snows. Although we take every precaution to prevent mailbox damage, please note that the Township Highway Department will only replace snowplow damaged mailboxes with a standard mailbox and pressure treated post. No reimbursement ill be given for custom mailboxes.
- Make sure sump pumps do not drain into Village Right of Way to cause ice buildup on the streets.
- The diagram below provides some helpful hints on how to shovel your driveway to help avoid large snow piles near your driveway.
If you have a snow plow complaint or concern please submit online form for the Village to investigate.