The Village Board voted to extend burning days.
New fall burning season: October 15th-November 30th Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays ONLY 10am-6pm. Please be a courteous neighbor and avoid excessively smoky fires. During these times, only leaves, branches and sticks are permitted to be burned.
- Be conscientious of neighbors and don't burn debris that produces a lot of smoke at times when smoke does not rise. If the smoke spreads out near the ground instead of rising, put out the fire and burn another time
- Clear at least a 10-foot area around the fire and make sure the area is clear of all burnable material.
- Have water and tools on hand to extinguish anything that may escape the burn area.
- Never add brush that is green or wet. It will reduce the efficiency of the fire and produce thick smoke.
- Never burn on dry, windy days when winds are greater than 15 miles per hour (mph).
- Put debris in several small piles instead of 1 large one.
- Select a safe place away from overhead power lines, phone lines or other obstructions and where the fire cannot spread into the woods or weedy or brushy areas.
- Stay with the fire at all times until it is completely out. Leaving a fire unattended for any length of time is illegal. Watch the extinguished fire spot till at least a half hour afterwards for possible rekindle of flames.
- Try to start the fire with natural "kindling" - never with gasoline or charcoal lighter fluid.
Call 911 immediately if a fire gets out of control. Citations will be served in cases of abuse.