The village adopted an updated comprehensive plan whose purpose is to outline a long term vision for both the residential and commercial elements of the village. The plan was adopted after significant contact with stakeholders and input from residents at public hearings. Key components are highlighted below.
1. Future land use and development & transportation system
2. Specific plan for triangle area and Rand road
3. Development review process
4. Long term development of village parks
The first three items relate to enhancing Economic Development in the commercial areas and include the following:
1. Modify plan, ordinances and development review processes to encourage and promote economic growth and partnerships
2. Create a marketing strategy to target desirable and attainable retail and compatible mixed uses
3. Develop a predictable and consistent development process
The 4th point relating to our parks include a long term park plan which impacts all of the thirteen village parks and also develop specific park improvements for our largest three parks – Charlie Brown, Vehe and Town Center. As of this date specific improvements for Hamilton Park, Peterson Park and Charlie Brown Park are under discussion.
The full Comprehensive Plan is available on the Village website. Specific questions should be directed to the village administrator, Beth McAndrews or Trustee, Joel Thomason.