News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/18/2019 8:28:28 AM to 7/18/2019 8:29:42 AM.
Latest Deer Park News
Posted on: July 18, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Heat Advisory Issued for Lake County
Heat Advisory Issued for Lake County
Dangerous heat is expected to impact Lake County starting tomorrow through this weekend. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures along with heat indices peaking between 101 to 109 degrees could lead to heat-related illnesses. Those without air conditioning, elderly, small children, and pets are especially susceptible.
- Cooling centers are open throughout the summer for those who do not have access to air conditioning. Before going to a center, please call in advance to make sure the desired location is open. View Cooling Centers
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Cut down on exercise during the heat. If you’re not accustomed to working or exercising in a hot environment, start slowly and increase the pace gradually.
- Check on at-risk friends, family, and neighbors at least twice a day. These may include seniors and people with chronic health conditions.
- Never leave anyone, including pets, alone in a closed, parked vehicle. The air temperature inside a car rises rapidly during hot weather and can lead to brain damage or death.
- Learn the signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses and how to treat them. Call 9-1-1 in a medical emergency.
- Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to hydrate.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages with high amounts of sugar.