2018 Road Construction to begin 4/20/2018 dependent on temperatures and precipitation.
Roads to be resurfaced:
* Deerpath Road (Lake Cook Road to Long Grove Road)
* Waddington Ct. Cul De Sac
* Woodberry Road and Cul de Sac
* Pavement patch near 21350 Pheasant Trail Road
Construction activities will be as follows:
1. The Contractor will do some tree pruning and tree removals on Deerpath Road.
2. The Contractor will replace the culvert at Lake Cook Road and Deerpath Road. Deerpath Road will be closed for 1 day at Lake Cook Road when that work takes place. All traffic will have to go North to Long Grove Road until that work is completed.
3. The Contractor will install a culvert at Woodberry Court. The pavement will be removed so that a culvert can be installed. If you live on that Court you will need to get your vehicle out before the pavement is removed. You will be notified 24 hours prior to that operation.
4. The contractor will mill (grind off the top 2.5") the existing roadway. Access will be limited on each street when that occurs. Typically there will be a large milling machine and 2 or 3 semi trucks taking the asphalt grindings away. This is a moving operation, so disruptions for driveway access are usually of a short term.
5. After the pavement is milled and inspected, it is then prepared for the new asphalt surface. This operation involves placing "hot prime oil" on the milled surface and a 1" lift of new asphalt is placed to level the existing pavement.
6. When that is completed, a final surface course is placed and construction is complete.
** Residents should have access to return to their houses at the end of each day, unless a serious complication arises **
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Village Office 847-726-1648.